This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Support for Opensuse Leap 15.1

Hi,

I'm new on Linux world and i would like to start installing Opensuse Leap 15.1 .

I understand that the version of the antivirus for stand-alone installation is 9.
Is it correct or can I also install the 10?
In the system requirements of the 9 it is said that the 12/15 versions of Suse are supported so I imagine commercial server versions.
As object: sophos 9 linux antivirus is also perfectly compatible with the free version of Suse Opensuse Leap 15.1?

Thank you all

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Fabio Danzetta,

or can I also install the 10?
    version 10 is only available with Central. In essence there's only one additional feature, namely Malicious Traffic Detection. Security Heartbeat and changes to the updater are only meaningful with central management. For details please see the Release Notes (the Enterprise Console Recommended apply to the free version).
    commercial server versions
    SAV is pretty much self-contained and doesn't rely on nifty features (kernel or libraries). Free distributions aren't stripped-down commercial versions. I'd rather expect "potential incompatibilities" with commercial versions due to hardening and additional security. 

Christian

• Hi Christian and thank you for your replay.

So  when you say: "SAV is pretty much self-contained and doesn't rely on nifty features (kernel or libraries)" for example sophos antivirus also works on other distributions not listed in the system requirements like Fedora 30 and later?

Thank you soo mutch.

• Hello Fabio Danzetta,

I'm not Sophos and not a Linux geek so I can't give reliable answers. AFAIK the requirements list tested distributions but it might work on others as well. Dunno about Fedora. I think the installer is "safe" insofar as it won't break your system and if it installs but doesn't work as it should the uninstall willl mop up. But do not test it on an important system.

Christian

• Thanks again for everything Christian. I spoke with the support and they also told me that it could work even with distributions not expressly indicated but obviously there is no certainty that everything is ok.

Thank you

Reply Children
No Data