This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Firewall port settings for Sophos AV updates

Hi,

I am planning on installing Sophos AV on a RHEL 7.x server.

The server will connect to a web proxy via a firewall to pull down signature updates.

What ports and protocols must be opened on the firewall?

What URL(s) is used to provide updates?

Regards John

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Is there documentation that explains how to use a standalone Sophos AV instance with an authenticating proxy?

Example:

The server with Sophos AV installed has a service account managed by Active Directory. When AV updates are initiated the request is sent to the proxy. The proxy in turn authenticates the user via AD before forwarding the request to Sophos CDN. How are the service account credentials provided to the proxy when running the update utility from command line? Are they stored in a configuration file? N.B. the user running the update utility is different from the service account user.

Regards John

• Hello John,

which OS are you talking about as you say running the update utility from command line? I'm not sure I understand what you want to do as you say the user running the update utility - normally automatic updates are configured. 

Christian

• RHEL 7 is the target environment.

How are automatic updates configured?

• Hello John,

normally (automatic) updating is configured during install. You can display the settings in effect and also change the settings with /opt/sophos-av/bin/savsetup.

Christian