This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Antivirus for Linux in Enterprise

Hello, can I use Sophos Antivirus for Linux Free Edition in a company (on one device only)?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hello Berindeie Avram-Teodor,

I'm not Sophos and I'm not a lawyer. But I assume MarkToshack would have objected to my simple statement.
    Please note that the referred thread is almost four years old, it was around the time the free version came out. IIRC there have been changes since then, not only w.r.t. the legal side but also downloading/updating. You needed the MySophos account credentials whereas now it automatically fetches a set of credentials when you indicate you want to install the free version. Initially it was an equivalent of the free version for Macs targeted at desktop users. Seems that someone thought better of it. Legal considerations aside - the free version is IMO anyway not suitable for use as component of services like email provided to customers as it lacks the interface required for reasonable performance and usability.

Christian

• It's OK now for both Sophos Antivirus for Linux and SAV Dynamic Interface (SAVDI).

Thank you.