Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unwanted data control detections

We implemented Data Control policy and one of the policy I added is

Ailment, disease and diagnosis lexicon (ICD-9) [USA]

This policy seems like detecting every thing , even job application which has no data which can flag this policy.

In Sophos Site I found this article

http://www.sophos.com/support/knowledgebase/article/113937.html

it seems like  this policy is still broken. Any ETA when this policy will be fixed?

:24347

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hmmm... doesn't sound ideal! I've asked the labs team to have another look at the CCL and see if we can remove some of the more generic terms.

We are currently looking at putting in place an "ignore" list feature within the DLP engine which would enable the labs and customers to specify phrases or regular expressions to be ignored if they are matched by a DLP rule. This will help deal with customer specific false positives, such as those generated by a health organization's name containing the world "cancer". 

Keep the feedback coming and we'll continue to work on improving the data and the underlying engine technology :)

John

:24679
  • Hmmm... doesn't sound ideal! I've asked the labs team to have another look at the CCL and see if we can remove some of the more generic terms.

We are currently looking at putting in place an "ignore" list feature within the DLP engine which would enable the labs and customers to specify phrases or regular expressions to be ignored if they are matched by a DLP rule. This will help deal with customer specific false positives, such as those generated by a health organization's name containing the world "cancer". 

Keep the feedback coming and we'll continue to work on improving the data and the underlying engine technology :)

John

:24679
Children
No Data