Loosing Network Connection on Mac since Endpoint Version 10.0.3

• Feature: Network connection
  • Severity: high.
  • Summary: Mac looses network connection temporary

• Observed behavior: 

All Mac Clients in the BigSure EAP reporting network issues since version 10.0.3 turned up. Either connected via Wifi or LAN Cable they are loosing Network sporadically. I found out that complete uninstall of Sophos Endpoint fixes this error. For example my Mac is connected to the company by a Sophos UTM SSL VPN. When calling a internal webinterface via Browser the VPN connection gets killed immediately. If you need more Information just ask. I also have generated a SDU Report on my Mac.
  • Reproduce it: calling an internal http webinterface inside our network
  • Frequency: Every time
  • Environment: macbook pro connected by wire to a LAN or Wifi behind a sophos UTM
  • Other: Nothing more
  • Supporting logs, tool output etc: there is an SDU archive and the output from systemextensionsctl is attached

format
[edited by: JanBelz at 8:25 AM (GMT -8) on 15 Feb 2021]
Parents
  • Hi Jan, Sorry to hear about the issues you're seeing. I'm unable to find the SDU or command output, could you try sharing another way? Dropbox, OneDrive, or another file sharing system? We'll get someone to take a look at it as soon as we get it.

In the meantime, we can offer a workaround to disable the network extension. In Central amend, or create new, policies to disable:

• Threat Protection
        • Real-time Scanning - Internet

• Scan downloads in progress
          • Block access to malicious websites
        • Remediation
          • Enable threat case creation
        • Real time protection
          • Protect network traffic
    • Web Control
      • Disable Web Control 

Once the features are disabled rebooting the machine will ensure the network extension is not loaded.

• We're on 10.0.4 and this workaround still causes the network extension to load and is destroying our productivity.

Reply Children