This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Removable Media Encryption - Not Working.

We have just installed Sophos SafeGuard Version 8 - We have the Data Exchange module.

Upon testing a couple of Windows 10 x64 machines, I have found I cannot encrypt removable media (testing with a 32GB USB stick).

Sophos Client is installed and is synchronising with the server - the laptop responded fine to internal storage encryption and BitLocker was set up as expected.

I have a policy set and applied for Removable Media Encryption, however when I plug in USB memory, nothing happens. The USB memory is being assigned drive letter D:, but this does not show on the drives tab in SafeGuard.

Windows 7 machines seem to be able to list removable drives under SafeGuard.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi David,

In safeguard we just log fixed drives, removable drives are not reported.

Have you setup your removable media policy with file encryption and to prompt for encryption when the drive is connected?

Does the drive show as removable media when plugged in to the PC, if it just shows as an internal drive (which I find sometimes happens with my 32gb stick) then that won't be covered under the removable media policy (it would require a non-boot volume encryption policy).

Try using a smaller pen drive and if you can post a screenshot of your policies for removable media that would be great.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi David,

In safeguard we just log fixed drives, removable drives are not reported.

Have you setup your removable media policy with file encryption and to prompt for encryption when the drive is connected?

Does the drive show as removable media when plugged in to the PC, if it just shows as an internal drive (which I find sometimes happens with my 32gb stick) then that won't be covered under the removable media policy (it would require a non-boot volume encryption policy).

Try using a smaller pen drive and if you can post a screenshot of your policies for removable media that would be great.

Children