This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No login screen available when computer locked

We use SafeGuard Enterprise 5.50.8.13 and Windows 7. We are seeing some intermittent strange behavior. When we lock our machines to go to a meeting and come back, there is no login screen available. It's just sitting at the Windows splash screen but there's no way to unlock our machines so the only option is to hard boot them and lose everything we have open. We've had this happen to 4 machines just today. It happened to me 3 weeks ago and again today. We are trying to figure out what's causing it but it only happens to machines with SGN installed.

I know there is an issue sometimes where the little green key doesn't appear on the C: drive within My Computer due to the number of overlay icons. Could this be related to that issue??

:9215

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi JuJo,

thank you very much for posting this one.

This is not a know issue to us. However, based on your description my assumption would be that the Authentication Service fails for some reason and that the credential provide is therefore not started any more.

I think you should be able to see some error message in the event log for this if my assumption is right.

Regards

Dan

:9399
  • Hi JuJo,

thank you very much for posting this one.

This is not a know issue to us. However, based on your description my assumption would be that the Authentication Service fails for some reason and that the credential provide is therefore not started any more.

I think you should be able to see some error message in the event log for this if my assumption is right.

Regards

Dan

:9399
Children
No Data