This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"Machine keys could not be generated successfully on the client "-Error after the installation of the configuration packet

Hi all!

I got a problem with a new Safeguard-Enterprise-Installation. I configured the policy and created the configuration packet. After the installation of the packet on the endpoint, it shows me the following error in the management center:

Error 2074: Machine keys could not be generated successfully on the client. 0x20000005.

I got multiple Safeguard-Installations running, but this one is driving me crazy. The Safeguard is installed at a customer with an Active-Directory. I tried it on mutliple endpoints/clients and reinstalled the complete Safeguard-Installation (v7 and v8) without success.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Edit: All clients run Windows 7 x64 and currently not SSL

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

The Event ID 2074 ("Machine keys could not be generated successfully on the client. Internal code: 0x20000005") is generated because the installation of the SafeGuard Enterprise Client and Client Configuration package was split by a machine reboot.

The SafeGuard Client installation tries to generate a kernel and boot-key right after the first reboot and will prepare the transport of these keys to the SafeGuard Enterprise Server. For this purpose the company certificate is required (to sign and encrypt the keys) which is not available if the configuration package is not yet installed - as a consequence, the process fails and the Event is logged once.

The process is repeated after the Client Configuration package was installed and the machine is rebooted again.

The message can be safely ignored though if it's only displayed once for the SafeGuard Device Client.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

The Event ID 2074 ("Machine keys could not be generated successfully on the client. Internal code: 0x20000005") is generated because the installation of the SafeGuard Enterprise Client and Client Configuration package was split by a machine reboot.

The SafeGuard Client installation tries to generate a kernel and boot-key right after the first reboot and will prepare the transport of these keys to the SafeGuard Enterprise Server. For this purpose the company certificate is required (to sign and encrypt the keys) which is not available if the configuration package is not yet installed - as a consequence, the process fails and the Event is logged once.

The process is repeated after the Client Configuration package was installed and the machine is rebooted again.

The message can be safely ignored though if it's only displayed once for the SafeGuard Device Client.

Children