This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Computer Inventory no longer shows any users or information

Hello,

We have a laptop with version 7.00.1.2 installed, the user was terminated and the AD account was disabled.

We tried to boot up the laptop and perform a recovery, when I went into the SafeGuard Management Center to view the laptop I found:

The laptop was in the inventory but there were no user's or certificates.  All four tabs were blank.

Can someone explain what would have happened?  I'm thinking that since the user's account was disabled in AD and we sync'ed that at some point that the certificates and encryption inventory was removed from the SG Management Center.

But without any user listed we are unable to perform a challenge/response to get past the POA etc.

Any thoughts or advice?

-Stephen

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • As a follow up/add to this, would having a POA User and group already defined and setup help prevent this?

-Stephen

• I have also started noticing this issue. PC's will lock and we are not able to unlock them with the C/R because we are getting the same error stating that there is missing POA or Key information.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi Stephen,

I've seen this issue a few times, but disabling the user in AD won't cause the machine in the console to lose all its information.

I can't advise what's happened in your particular scenario, but typically this is when information from the client isn't sent back to the server properly.
    I'd advise the following:

- Backup all information on the machine
     - Wipe the machine
     - Reinstall everything
     - Check the machine transmitted all info back to the Management Centre
     - Restore the files backed up from the client

• That's ok, it seems to me that following the instructions to setup a POA group/users is the best means to which to prevent being locked out of a laptop.  So I wanted to at least add this note for any future people looking for the same issue.

-Stephen

• Our issue ended up being that the computer account had expired. The user had never connected their VPN back to the domain for over 3 months...(don't ask). I deleted the record and re-imaged the OS.