This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to clone a drive to another drive

I have a computer with a hard drive encrypted with Sophos SafeGuard and I would like to clone the drive to another drive (an SSD) for better performance.

Is this possible?

What tools are good to use?

Are there any things I should watch out for?

Thanks!

:29279

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I used Chirs D's suggestion.  I do have a couple things to add.  

I imaged my whole 300GB drive to my new 500GB SSD, bad sectors and all.  I then booted into windows on the new SSD and resized the main partition from 300GB to 500GB.  I rebooted.  Windows wanted to run through startup recovery but this what windows does if you change the main partition.  Everythings seems work great.  I will repost if anything goes wrong.  So far, it works great.

It seems you can shrink or extend partition if you the Sophos decryption drivers are running.

:46253
  • I used Chirs D's suggestion.  I do have a couple things to add.  

I imaged my whole 300GB drive to my new 500GB SSD, bad sectors and all.  I then booted into windows on the new SSD and resized the main partition from 300GB to 500GB.  I rebooted.  Windows wanted to run through startup recovery but this what windows does if you change the main partition.  Everythings seems work great.  I will repost if anything goes wrong.  So far, it works great.

It seems you can shrink or extend partition if you the Sophos decryption drivers are running.

:46253
Children
No Data