This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to clone a drive to another drive

I have a computer with a hard drive encrypted with Sophos SafeGuard and I would like to clone the drive to another drive (an SSD) for better performance.

Is this possible?

What tools are good to use?

Are there any things I should watch out for?

Thanks!

:29279

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Antize,

we haven't officially tested any imaging software alongside with SafeGuard Enterprise in the official test / qa cycle but you can of course always create an image of your disk to move on to another drive.

There are certain things that you have  to keep in mind:

- the disk is encrypted, so you can only perform sector by sector copies and the image cannot be compressed - so your target drive should be at the same size as your source drive.

Also you must copy every sector - even those that are flagged as "bad" within the file system. Otherwise you wouldn't copy important parts from SafeGuard Enterprise (i.e. the POA), when taking the image.

Please mind that I cannot give out any recommendation regarding imaging tools.

Edit: We do support Lenovo Rescue and recovery of course ;)

Cheers,

Chris

:29517
  • Hi Antize,

we haven't officially tested any imaging software alongside with SafeGuard Enterprise in the official test / qa cycle but you can of course always create an image of your disk to move on to another drive.

There are certain things that you have  to keep in mind:

- the disk is encrypted, so you can only perform sector by sector copies and the image cannot be compressed - so your target drive should be at the same size as your source drive.

Also you must copy every sector - even those that are flagged as "bad" within the file system. Otherwise you wouldn't copy important parts from SafeGuard Enterprise (i.e. the POA), when taking the image.

Please mind that I cannot give out any recommendation regarding imaging tools.

Edit: We do support Lenovo Rescue and recovery of course ;)

Cheers,

Chris

:29517
Children
No Data