This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows 7 AD Account Locking

Hi,

I have recently rolled out Safeguard 5.60.1.7 to a Windows 7 professional laptop running on a dell latitude E6420. POA is enabled and working as expected but since the installation the user's AD account is constantly being locked. Also the automatic login of windows does not work either. Each time the user reboots his laptop and logs in to POA, he is subsequently locked out of windows and we have to unlock his account. We have reset his password and this has been updated in POA so AD and POA are synchronising the password change but he is still being locked out constantly. Quite often he is also locked out after simply locking his windows session whilst away from the laptop. None of this happened before the Hard Drive was encrypted. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Many Thanks

Chris

:27169

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion. I spoke with the user on Tuesday and he said that it seemed to be working ok but he would still have to press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the wondows login screen in order to get logged in (he did not have to type in username/password, just pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del). Today he has contacted me to say that he was locked out again so i went ahead and changed the default RDP port on the laptop but after a reboot he logs in at POA fine and laptop stops at the Ctrl+Alt+Del screen but does nothing else. When he presses Ctrl+Alt+Del he is told that his user account is locked and I have to unlock it for him. Is there anything else that could be causing this?

Thanks,

Chris

:27377
  • Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion. I spoke with the user on Tuesday and he said that it seemed to be working ok but he would still have to press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the wondows login screen in order to get logged in (he did not have to type in username/password, just pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del). Today he has contacted me to say that he was locked out again so i went ahead and changed the default RDP port on the laptop but after a reboot he logs in at POA fine and laptop stops at the Ctrl+Alt+Del screen but does nothing else. When he presses Ctrl+Alt+Del he is told that his user account is locked and I have to unlock it for him. Is there anything else that could be causing this?

Thanks,

Chris

:27377
Children
No Data