This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to recover disk from a laptop

Hi,

I have an laptop with an SSD disk encrypted with Sophos SafeGuard 6.00.1.31. No the laptop don`t start anymore. Right after the sophos login screen the laptop has a blue screen and then i rebooted again to the Sophos login screen. Its in a loop.

I took the disk from the laptop and i connected it to an other laptop. The laptop sees the disk but the disk isn`t acceseble. After clicking on it i receive the question to format the disk.. When i go to the disk management i see the partition as RAW partition.

Could you please tell me what i can do to recover te data on the disk. I have the bkn file of the machine.

Regards

Roel 

:42025

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents

• I also rebooted with the emergency CD. The i have the option : Uninstall (Decrypt and uninstall security kernel)

But this option is grayed out. How does this option gona be available?

This is propably the Emergency CD for SafeGuard Easy 4.x (blue background and four options to choose). This one is not compatible with SafeGuard 6.x and should not be used.

The next steps you need to perform are listed in the linked document from my last post (open the document and navigate to "Retrieving data using Virtual Client" - page 27). If you need urgent help, I'd suggest you to raise a ticket with support and let them guide you through the recovery process.

Regards,

Chris

:42081

• I also rebooted with the emergency CD. The i have the option : Uninstall (Decrypt and uninstall security kernel)

But this option is grayed out. How does this option gona be available?

This is propably the Emergency CD for SafeGuard Easy 4.x (blue background and four options to choose). This one is not compatible with SafeGuard 6.x and should not be used.

The next steps you need to perform are listed in the linked document from my last post (open the document and navigate to "Retrieving data using Virtual Client" - page 27). If you need urgent help, I'd suggest you to raise a ticket with support and let them guide you through the recovery process.

Regards,

Chris

:42081
Children
No Data