This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CustomAction SGNCmdInt_6X returned actual error code 1603

Anyone have this issue with the SafeGuard Easy configuration MSI's ?  Mine keep on failing with the below error code taken from an MSI verbose log.

I can't figure out what the problem could be.....

Windows 7, 64bit, running as the administrator account....

TransRec config file C:\ProgramData\Utimaco\SafeGuard Enterprise\Import\SGMRawImp.xml couldn't be opened (30065)

error loading TransRec config file C:\ProgramData\Utimaco\SafeGuard Enterprise\Import\SGMRawImp.xml (30065)

:23429

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Thanks for the reply Dan, but this was done with a brand new installation of Safeguard Editor with a SQL database, with the  configuration MSI being installed onto a freshly built laptop...

The SGMCMDINTN.EXE is on the target laptop, but the file SGMRawImp.xml is not in the place the installer is looking in.  There are 4 instances of SGMRawImp.xml on the laptop, 2 are 0 bytes, and the other 2 are 606 bytes ...

The endpoint laptops are not joined to a domain, since they are loaners, what kind of authentication should I be using to access the database?

The server is:

Windows Server 2008 Standard

x64

4 Gb RAM

The laptop is also running Win7 Enterprise, x64 ....

This is the only thing holding me up, and I need to get this deployed.

thanks for you help..

:23757
  • Thanks for the reply Dan, but this was done with a brand new installation of Safeguard Editor with a SQL database, with the  configuration MSI being installed onto a freshly built laptop...

The SGMCMDINTN.EXE is on the target laptop, but the file SGMRawImp.xml is not in the place the installer is looking in.  There are 4 instances of SGMRawImp.xml on the laptop, 2 are 0 bytes, and the other 2 are 606 bytes ...

The endpoint laptops are not joined to a domain, since they are loaners, what kind of authentication should I be using to access the database?

The server is:

Windows Server 2008 Standard

x64

4 Gb RAM

The laptop is also running Win7 Enterprise, x64 ....

This is the only thing holding me up, and I need to get this deployed.

thanks for you help..

:23757
Children
No Data