Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Safeguard Fingerprint logon - Lenovo laptop(s)

I am having a real time attempting to get the fingerprint logon solution to work.  I'm attempting to utilize this with Lenovo laptops.

The first question I've got is - is it possible to not have Fingerprint software installed on the system, install Safeguard, and then later install Fingerprint software (the proper version of course)?  Will Safeguard pick it up and use it then?

Secondly, is it possible to have multiple users on the same laptop log into POA using Fingerprint?

Third, does Safeguard recognize multiple Fingerprints on the same fingerprint profile?

:2395

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, is it any help if I mention that the fingerprint functionality, the POA dialog for logging on with a fingerprint, is not even available at the POA screen? The problem is not that the fingerprint itself would not be working at POA, it is that the user does not even get to see the fingerprint picture at the POA, the POA screen shows the default username and password input boxes only.

(Just to refresh - Logon mode is set to "User ID/Password; Fingerprint" in the Authentication policy. The policy does get propagated - when I check RSOP at the Management Center, I can see "User ID/Password; Fingerprint" applied.) Are there any logs anywhere to check for troubleshooting? What else should I check?

:4353
  • Hi, is it any help if I mention that the fingerprint functionality, the POA dialog for logging on with a fingerprint, is not even available at the POA screen? The problem is not that the fingerprint itself would not be working at POA, it is that the user does not even get to see the fingerprint picture at the POA, the POA screen shows the default username and password input boxes only.

(Just to refresh - Logon mode is set to "User ID/Password; Fingerprint" in the Authentication policy. The policy does get propagated - when I check RSOP at the Management Center, I can see "User ID/Password; Fingerprint" applied.) Are there any logs anywhere to check for troubleshooting? What else should I check?

:4353
Children
No Data