This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Aladdin/Sophos eToken Support in SGN SGN 5.50.8.13 under Windows 7

Hi there,

could you please provide me with information about compatibility of:

- Aladdin/Sophos eToken PRO (Java and Siemens CardOS)

- Windows 7 32/64Bit

- Windows XP 32Bit

- Aladidn/Sophos PKI Client 5.1 SP1

In the release notes in section 3.7 it says: The following smart cards/token are not supported on the Windows Vista or Windows 7 platforms: - CardOS, Siemens profile.

However, this sentence is not listed in section 3.8, that talks about Tokens, rather than SmartCards.

Best regards,

Christian

:6783

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Typhoon87,

sorry for this late reply, too.

In SGE (up to 4.50) you only had user credentials to logon, i.e. userID and password were stored somehow on the token. For this is made perfect sense to support TMS.

In SGN we added certificate support and in most cases they are used instead of the user credentials. Certificates are normally created by PKIs and TMS has an interface to them. Therefore we did not provide a redundant interface to TMS.

For the credential use case we worked with a partner company, NetFox, which wrote a TMS connector for SGN.

With compliments,

:7989
  • Hello Typhoon87,

sorry for this late reply, too.

In SGE (up to 4.50) you only had user credentials to logon, i.e. userID and password were stored somehow on the token. For this is made perfect sense to support TMS.

In SGN we added certificate support and in most cases they are used instead of the user credentials. Certificates are normally created by PKIs and TMS has an interface to them. Therefore we did not provide a redundant interface to TMS.

For the credential use case we worked with a partner company, NetFox, which wrote a TMS connector for SGN.

With compliments,

:7989
Children
No Data