This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Installation Safeguard on BigSur OS

Hi Guys,

i'm on testing to installing safeguard on BigSur

Kindly need your help please, what should i type on this dialogue, admin password, user password or any password ?

will i need this password to decrypt later?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • As that's the current user's password you're logged in with - it's not a "new" password. In order to decrypt you'll need the current admin logged in user's password. This could be this current Admin user or another. You will need to remove the Sophos SafeGuard client first though as the policy being applied will turn on FileVault2 again! The uninstall is the same as any you'd run on a Mac but there is an uninstaller for it (/Library/Sophos SafeGuard DE/Sophos SafeGuard DE Uninstaller.pkg) (DE being Disk Encryption - not DE as in Germany! Slight smile

• As that's the current user's password you're logged in with - it's not a "new" password. In order to decrypt you'll need the current admin logged in user's password. This could be this current Admin user or another. You will need to remove the Sophos SafeGuard client first though as the policy being applied will turn on FileVault2 again! The uninstall is the same as any you'd run on a Mac but there is an uninstaller for it (/Library/Sophos SafeGuard DE/Sophos SafeGuard DE Uninstaller.pkg) (DE being Disk Encryption - not DE as in Germany! Slight smile

Children
No Data