This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Renaming endpoint after being encrypted

I have an endpoint that we need to change the name to a more updated naming scheme. If the endpoint is already encrypted, what are the steps that I need to do to ensure that I will still be able to log back into the endpoint? Would it be best to just decrypt it, rename the endpoint, and then just re-encrypt it?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Are your endpoints synchronised with Active Directory within Sophos, or standalone machines? If they're within AD, there should be no real issue with this. I have found that Mac though don't work well with this, and it is best to uninstall the client (using the correct Sophos SafeGuard uninstaller) and then reinstall again after a reboot. A decryption wasn't necessary - just the removal of the client. 

• Are your endpoints synchronised with Active Directory within Sophos, or standalone machines? If they're within AD, there should be no real issue with this. I have found that Mac though don't work well with this, and it is best to uninstall the client (using the correct Sophos SafeGuard uninstaller) and then reinstall again after a reboot. A decryption wasn't necessary - just the removal of the client. 

Children
No Data