This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Feature request: Sophos Safeguard Enterprise 8.10 : Policy Option to disable or hide the context menu entry for "create Password protected file"

Sophos Safeguard Enterprise 8.10 offers a new feature "create Password protected file". The request is to offer a Policy Option to disable or hide the context menu entry.
We think it might be annoying  for Helpdesk staff to be asked for a particular Password of a particular file that a user may Forget.

The second issue is that for us it is not sure how to assess the security Status when there are Password protected files in the Environment where the anti Virus tool probably can not proof the content .

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Joachim,

this is unfortunately not configurable atm but I think I read somewhere in the forums that it might be considered in a future version.

However, as a workaround you can remove the whole context menu (not only the create PW protected file option).

You should create a backup of the original registry key though, to be able to restore the context menu at any time.

Registry Keys to be deleted:

32bit OS

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\ContextMenuHandlers\FEShell

64bit OS

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\FEShellx64

Cheers

F.

• Hi Joachim,

this is unfortunately not configurable atm but I think I read somewhere in the forums that it might be considered in a future version.

However, as a workaround you can remove the whole context menu (not only the create PW protected file option).

You should create a backup of the original registry key though, to be able to restore the context menu at any time.

Registry Keys to be deleted:

32bit OS

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\ContextMenuHandlers\FEShell

64bit OS

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\FEShellx64

Cheers

F.

Children
No Data