This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Move Safeguard from 2008RD to 2012R2 server

Hi, 

Our Safeguard server is currently running on an a Server 2008 system (the database is separate and doesn't need to be moved) I need to migrate this to a 2012 environment, can somebody point me in the right direction as I can't seem to find any documentation on how to successfully migrating the server, I intend to keep the same naming convention/IP of the current server. 

Many Thanks

Tom 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The only thing worth migrating is the database. Everything else is better re-installed. Just make sure you have the proper .p12 files at hand, including their passwords. Think MSO and SSL.

Switch off the old machine (as no two machines should have the same name or IP address).

Start the new machine.

Install the Management Center, and connect it to the database. This is the easy part, but you will need at least one .p12 belonging to a MSO, and its password.

Next install SGN Server, make a fresh SGN Server configuration package for it, and install that too. You can re-use the SSL certificate from the old server.

Run the communications check. If the result contains "<Dataroot><WebService>OK</WebService><DBAuth>OK</DBAuth>" you are ready.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order” – Doctor Who

• The only thing worth migrating is the database. Everything else is better re-installed. Just make sure you have the proper .p12 files at hand, including their passwords. Think MSO and SSL.

Switch off the old machine (as no two machines should have the same name or IP address).

Start the new machine.

Install the Management Center, and connect it to the database. This is the easy part, but you will need at least one .p12 belonging to a MSO, and its password.

Next install SGN Server, make a fresh SGN Server configuration package for it, and install that too. You can re-use the SSL certificate from the old server.

Run the communications check. If the result contains "<Dataroot><WebService>OK</WebService><DBAuth>OK</DBAuth>" you are ready.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order” – Doctor Who

Children
No Data