This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Install Safeguard 8.1 without the outlook email plugin

Since upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1, Sophos has been giving us the option to turn off email encryption with its outlook add-in.

We don't want this feature as an option.

Also, we use a Sophos provided .vbs to install, that we just swapped the 8.0 .msi client for the 8.1.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I have discovered this too - I'll raise a ticket with Sophos (if you haven't already?)

For those who haven't see this.... This plugin pops up when you attempt to send an attachment within Outlook (installed locally Outlook)

I can disable the plugin manually located here- C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\SafeGuard Enterprise\Outlook\SafeGuard.OutlookPlugin.vsto but we need a better system than this.

There is a policy setting for this in "General Settings" that's enabled by default. HOWEVER, this should only be active if

" This functionality is only active in combination with the Synchronized Encryption module and an Application-based File Encryption policy."

I do NOT have any application-based policies so this should not be visible in my case.

Do you have this policy enabled or disabled Michael? 

• Alright, that was the policy I was looking for, thanks!

• Hello,

i had this problem on a client today.

I saw this post, then i checked if the modul "synchronized encryption" is installed. -> It is not!

Then i checked the RSOP from this client, theres no policy with "Enable E-Mail Add in" for the client.

The client has the Outlook add in installed, i dont know why or how it happend. But that does not matter, because the other two things are not given.

Any idea how that could happen? Without the Synchronized Encryption Modul and no policy?

Server: 8.10.0.323

Client: 8.10.0.323

Thank you!

• Hi,

the outlook add-in which used to be Synchronized Encryption only in 8.0, was added to Location-based file enc in 8.1.
    As the add-in is enabled per default, this might indeed be surprising, however disabling the policy setting that Michael showed should do the trick.

Cheers

F.

• Hi,

i changed the policy "General Settings" and set the Outlook ADD IN "Enable email add-in" to "NO".

I added this "General Settings" policy to the policy-group for my Bitlocker Clients.

But the clients dont get the policy?

After refresh, the client says "no new policies".

• What we had to do was just rerun the ManagedClient.exe on all the machines, and it stopped.

• After a restart, the policy worked.

Another question. Should this plugin be listed in the control panel at software?

Or does it come "quiet" with the client installation and is just deactivated via the policy?

• It's integral to the install Reinhard, not an independent install, so it will not been seen within the control panel. Often Outlook/Office plugins are not listed in control panel, so Sophos isn't different in this way. So yes - deactivated by policy (and also by the plugin as I've listed above if necessary) 

• It's integral to the install Reinhard, not an independent install, so it will not been seen within the control panel. Often Outlook/Office plugins are not listed in control panel, so Sophos isn't different in this way. So yes - deactivated by policy (and also by the plugin as I've listed above if necessary) 

Children
No Data