This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Invoke Database connection test fails fails

I am running a POC for safeguard and although the DB has created OK the client and IIS connections will not connect.  I can verify the DB in the Management Console without issue but the connection test from IIS gives the following;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<string xmlns="tempuri.org/.../WebService> <DBAuth>failed</DBAuth> <Error>Certificate not found.</Error></string>

I have been through the community articles and can confirm the correct machine cert is in place.  The account in use for the connection is in the application pool and was used to create the DB so will have db_owner rights.

As it is recommended that the DB and Safeguard server should not be on the same server I think I have this set up OK.  I can't see it being port related as the MC is on the same box as the Safeguard server and as above I can connect and verify the DB tables in the GUI.

I have seen one article that the Sophos Support fix was to install the MC on the DB server but I would rather not do that as we try to restrict access to our DB servers to DBAs.

Any suggestions on how to get this working would be appreciated

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Managed to figured this one out.  We could see the communication working between the application and the DB so knew that was OK but the certificate was not present in the table that was being searched.

So uninstalled everything and removed the DB

Reinstalled the SG server and before proceeding configured IIS application pool ID with the domain credentials restarted IIS (perhaps mentioning this in the documentation or in the "install advisor" may be an idea?) 
    reinstalled the MC and ran initial setup

created the server config and installed restarted IIS and were able to connect to the DB without issue. 

• Managed to figured this one out.  We could see the communication working between the application and the DB so knew that was OK but the certificate was not present in the table that was being searched.

So uninstalled everything and removed the DB

Reinstalled the SG server and before proceeding configured IIS application pool ID with the domain credentials restarted IIS (perhaps mentioning this in the documentation or in the "install advisor" may be an idea?) 
    reinstalled the MC and ran initial setup

created the server config and installed restarted IIS and were able to connect to the DB without issue. 

Children
No Data