This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cant log in at windows when resume from sleep

Hello - i posted similar before but never got the required info. So here it is

Two users have reported, several times now, when they resume the machine after it has gone to sleep after a period of inactivity, the Windows/Safeguard screen displays 'The username or password is incorrect' without getting the chance to enter a password.  The machine locks after 7 minutes of inactivity, this is normal but on waking there is an OK button, but is greyed out and cannot be clicked. Leaving it for a period of time makes no difference.  They did not get the opportunity to enter a password. The mouse is working so it suggests the PC itself is ok. See attached pic.

Like i say, 2 users have reported this on 2 separate desktop PC's. Safeguard is installed on approix 250 machines, around 30 desktops, the rest laptops. 2 desktops affected.

To get round it, i have to hard boot the machine which of course can result in some lost work if not saved.

Safeguard client 8.00.251 - Just data exchange installed
Windows 10
Dell Optiplex 3050

Any idea's ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I do recall you posting before but I'm not too sure you responded to the last questions, but you've posted this now, thank you!

I would though recommend you run the latest PC version - which if you haven't upgraded your backend to 8.1 you'd want the client version 8.00.5.19 (8.00.5.16 is the actual client that can then be patched to 8.00.5.19)

I have 3050's here I'm sure, so I don't think this is a hardware issue.

I think first upgrade the client to the latest version, then patch and see if you can replicate the issue.

Have you also tried logging in as another user on the same device? Does it also happen to them?

• I do recall you posting before but I'm not too sure you responded to the last questions, but you've posted this now, thank you!

I would though recommend you run the latest PC version - which if you haven't upgraded your backend to 8.1 you'd want the client version 8.00.5.19 (8.00.5.16 is the actual client that can then be patched to 8.00.5.19)

I have 3050's here I'm sure, so I don't think this is a hardware issue.

I think first upgrade the client to the latest version, then patch and see if you can replicate the issue.

Have you also tried logging in as another user on the same device? Does it also happen to them?

Children
No Data