This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

safeguard automated install

So.

I've never used AD Before, and we now have a fake AD.  

I've managed to manually install Safeguard Enterprise on Win7, Win10 and OS X

But to install it automatically I need to I think use  a Group Policy.  

So I need the software somewhere visible for all PC's installing it, either dumped locally on their C Drive or mapped from a server.  I guess mapping a software drive from the Sophos Server with the software on it can be done via AD As well.  But it's via the PC isn't it not via the User.  So I have to do a script in AD Group Policy that says if a PC Joins AD then encrypt it, can we tell them all to use the same boot password? or does the user have to set that when the software installs? 

I'm not sure if we can automate it for Mac or if it's just going to have to be manual for them.  It's not the end of the world if its manual.

The only Devices that will be logging onto AD I guess will be our windows laptops mostly 10 but some 7 and most of them are 64bit but a few Win7 32bit laptops around.

I guess the guide for it is here.... https://docs.sophos.com/esg/sgn/8-0/admin/win/en-us/webhelp/index.htm#concepts/ClientInstallCentralCommand.htm

But has anyone got any links to some actual AD Policies so I can see how i go about doing them.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Using our ZENWORKS software I can happily dump all the install software onto the C Drive of a computer, but we then need to put the computer into the Domain as none of our PC's are automatically in Active Directory. 

So stick all the software in c:\encryption or similar.

Then run a script that adds I guess the PC to our AD Domain

Restart the PC.

Then run a 2nd script that runs through and does the install. 

I guess it needs to check if it's in AD. If it is

I can check if c:\program files (x86)\sophos\safeguard enterprise\ exists.  If it doesn't then go ahead and install the software.

Along the lines of this script... https://community.sophos.com/products/safeguard-encryption/f/sophos-safeguard-products/3947/installation-script-for-install-of-safeguard-7-00 . but for 8 using the v8 Guide docs.sophos.com/.../index.htm

As it's a big chance and might involve having to copy their profile into their new AD Profile as they won't have their desktop icons etc... I assume when they login to AD.  I guess it's almost easier to do it manually but have the script there so it's under control of a human but just have to run the script