This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Installing SafeGuard Enterprise - will not work as Active Directory Admin?

Hi.

Please be gentle with me.  We don't use AD in our group.  So we have had an AD setup that syncs directly to our eDirectory.

I'm setting up a new install of safeguard enterprise on 2012R2 and it doesn't seem to want to install as administrator on our AD Tree.  I have added them to the local admin group and yet it will not install SQL Server or talk to sql once once installed locally.

When i login as the administrator account for the actual server itself, it lets me install SQL Server and i'm assuming as i'm about to test it, will start SQL Server up and let me complete the install.  

Is there some big permission thing i've missed or should i just carry on installing it as the local servers admin user and then worry about logging into the domain and seeing how it works.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I'm doing this all via the Sophos Safeguard enterprise Installation Advisor 8

So logging in as local administrator 

I can install SQL Server and then from there install Safeguard and Safeguard Management Center that seems to work fine.  So no rebooting / checking for updates between intalling SQL Server and doing it all via the Local Admin account on the server and it's working it appears.

I've got further and it's asking me for AD stuff now :)