This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Question Regarding Backend Hotfix for 8.00.2.16

So, perusing the patches announced recently, noticed an older hotfix patch mentioned for the backend services... problem is per the Release Notes for the backend patch (see https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/126509 ) the Safeguard installation should be at version 8.00.2.16 before install.  Unfortunately the updates in the update download portal only update the installation to 8.00.2.13  -- where's the .16 update?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Good evening - I think the info you need is here.

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/126509

This patch is applied to the backend AFTER you've upgraded to the latest version.

I won't link to it directly just in case there's some licence issue involved but it's described as 

sgn_802_backend_hotfix_rollup.zip

If you get really stuck send me a PM and I can help further?

Hope this helps?

• The issue is precisely in the KB article mentioned (which I already linked as well)... quote:

Please note: The Hotfix Rollup applies to SafeGuard Enterprise Server / Management Center version 8.00.2.16 only! Any older versions must be upgraded to version 8.00.2.16 first before the Hotfix Rollup can be applied!

Soooooo ..... how do I get to version 8.00.2.16?  the page you show of the MySophos download center lists several 8.2 upgrade packages, as does mine, but they only update Safeguard to version 8.00.2.13 ... so is this a typo in the article (in other words, do they mean that this rollup will move the version UP TO 8.00.2.16?  Because that is not what is says in the excerpt above.

I'm guessing this is a case of a mistake in the KB article... but want to make sure before I brick some SafeGuard installations.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Perhaps I should have explained more clearly, the patch/zip I referred to and the one you appear to have access to too IS 8.00.2.16.

This patch will update the backend to 8.00.2.16.

Having re-read your wording/quote it’s not that clear I can appreciate, but I don’t think it used to be worded like that and perhaps has changed recently?

Have I misunderstood the question though?

• Perhaps I should have explained more clearly, the patch/zip I referred to and the one you appear to have access to too IS 8.00.2.16.

This patch will update the backend to 8.00.2.16.

Having re-read your wording/quote it’s not that clear I can appreciate, but I don’t think it used to be worded like that and perhaps has changed recently?

Have I misunderstood the question though?

Children