This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Important! Release of patches to address security vulnerabilities in SafeGuard Windows Clients (SGN/SGE/SGLC)

Dear Customers,

A set of Windows client patches for multiple SafeGuard products has been released to address a number of security issues. Some patches contain selected Hotfixes and compatibility improvements for Sophos Central Intercept X 2.0.

Please follow the following KBA, for more information.

Windows Client Patch 1804 for SafeGuard products

We recommend these upgrade immediately. 

Sincerely,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • This looks like it says error reading 2nd_SGNClient_x64.msi from a desktop folder. Are you trying to do the install with transforms or are you just applying the patch?

Patch example: "msiexec /update C:\Install\SGN 8.0 Windows Client Rollup Patch_x64.msp"

New installation example: "msiexec /i sgnclient_x64.msi /update C:\Install\SGN 8.0 Windows Client Rollup Patch_x64.msp"

Note w/ the quotation marks this would fail. You would run msiexec /i sgnclient_x64.msi /update "C:\install\sgn 8.0 windows client rollup patch_x64.msp" or whatever the applicable path to your package is. If it were me I would make a c:\SGN folder. From there it would be either to patch the install, msiexec /update C:\SGN\Rollup_x64.msp  or msiexec /i sgnclient_x64.msi /update C:\sgn\rollup_x64.msp 

that should get you going. Here's Sophos' document if you need an additional pointer : https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/127898

Alexander

• All I am trying to do is apply the patch to existing clients that have the older version 8 installed.  I tried your command, as below example shows....and same error.

msiexec /update C:\Install\SGN8005Patch1804_x64.msp

Curious...you mention rollup in the file names in your post, were you being generic, or should the file name include 'rollup' text?  I'm now curious if I am using the right file.

The original email about this, led me here, where I went through the process to download the patch:

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/131935

• the actual name of it shouldn't matter. For me when I'm doing this I'm scripting deployments, I always keep the same names just for transparency purposes.

This worked fine for me. Powershell version for product prior to patch install:

Executable run @ command line : 

rebooted, checked version again : 

and shows proper version in add/remove programs. Perhaps redo your download, verify the checksum, and try running the installer exactly as I have. Win7 x64 if that matters.

Alexander

• Alexander,

Thanks for all of your help, but a co-worker of mine who knew the client better, let me know that the only way to install any program was to put the installer in the C:\USERS\%USERNAME% folder, and then run it.  Something to do with the fact they all use redirected desktops \ profiles \ docs, etc.

Did that, worked perfectly.  Knocked out 3 already without issue.

*shrugs*

Thanks again though!

• Glad it's working for you now. RE: redirected desktops, that would be unique to your environment, and you (from the sound of it) have locked down execution to only run in the %userprofile% folder. Per my prior screenshot, I was installing off of a mapped network drive (L:) and it works fine. Something about your specific environment, not related to the SGN client.

Anyway, glad you're rolling now.

Alexander