This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Question regarding location based encryption and application based encryption.

Need clarification between the two type of encryption method.

Currently all my clients are configured based on application-based encryption via synchronized enterprise. 

Can i also install a client on my file server using location-based encryption?

Meaning all shared folder in my file server are encrypted based on location whereas the clients are application based encryption.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

unfortunately the SafeGuard Client does not support Server OS so you cannot install it.

Encrypting all shared folders of the server in combination with Sync-Enc Clients, would also bear the risk that a user cannot access specific files. As the location-based encryption does not consider file extensions (it just encrypts everything in the defined location), a client might not necessarily have an application configured which can open encrypted content. 

Cheers

F.

• Hi,

unfortunately the SafeGuard Client does not support Server OS so you cannot install it.

Encrypting all shared folders of the server in combination with Sync-Enc Clients, would also bear the risk that a user cannot access specific files. As the location-based encryption does not consider file extensions (it just encrypts everything in the defined location), a client might not necessarily have an application configured which can open encrypted content. 

Cheers

F.

Children
No Data