This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem Updating 6.00.1 to 7.00.1.2

Hey,

currently I am in the process of updating old safeguard clients (~500) from 5.60 / 5.80 / 6.00 / 6.00.1 to the newest version. Uninstalling the old and then installing the new version takes a lot of reboots and therefore a lot of time, so I thought I give updating a try. Since I dont want to have too many steps in between I decided its good enough to only update my 6.00.X clients to 7.00.1.2 - something which should be fairly easy considering the Sophos Upgrade guide document.

Well, on my test system the whole process doesnt seem that easy.

System: Win 7 64bit

Safeguard Version installed: 6.00.1

Safeguard Version I want to update to: 7.00.1.2

When trying to update to 7.00.2.23 the installer says clearly that I cant upgrade from this to that version, so I tried 7.00.1.2 - the PreInstall and Client Packages do install successfully. BUT a) the configuration protection doesnt get removed and b) I cant install my configuration package so that the client uses the new enterprise server and not the old one. Trying to install the configuration package ends in a generic error along the lines of "the installer ended with an error, no changes where made". 

I'm at a total loss here - anything I overlooked?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The one thing I have noticed when upgrading is that you cannot add new features when upgrading to version 7. if you have configuration protection installed this might be the cause of the issue. It isn't included in version 6.1 and above so would need to be removed.

Try removing configuration protection and then upgrading to version 7.

Let us know how you get on.
  • The one thing I have noticed when upgrading is that you cannot add new features when upgrading to version 7. if you have configuration protection installed this might be the cause of the issue. It isn't included in version 6.1 and above so would need to be removed.

Try removing configuration protection and then upgrading to version 7.

Let us know how you get on.
Children
No Data