This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SOPHOS TAKEOVER

What do people think about the proposed takeover of Sophos? I see  Thoma Bravo have Barracuda and Imperva in the portfolio already. Would Sophos make more sense for a larger industry player? Curious to get any thoughts. Much appreciated.  

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I think the list of potential buyers may be limited by the nature of the business. It's a security business after all and I have a feeling certain nationalities would be excluded from this list.

Out of interest and related to this topic, does anyone know how much work Sophos does with the UK government? Is it a very big/significant business? If so, this may be an issue even for the current buyer Thoma Bravo given it's a private equity firm and American (OK not the worst buyer country but then again it could be a national security issue nevertheless).

• Thats a great question Oz man.  I noticed both Cobham and Inmarsat private equity buyers (2019/2020) had to make significant commitments around national security. I suspect this case is no different. 

Reply Children
No Data