This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot uninstall Sophos Home Premium

I tried everything I could find to remove this software as it is not working at all.  I pointed the system to a virus and nada.  Uninstall starts with "Disabling Tamper Protection" and it opens the console.  There is no 'Troubleshoot' option available at the bottom of the window as so many articles point out.  I am logged in as an administrator and I have tried to run the console locally as Administrator but still cannot find 'Troubleshoot'.  I logged a ticket and got an auto response and ref number but nothing after that despite sending a number of follow up emails.

I searched for Sophos removal tool but cannot find any.  I booted into safe mode, disabled all Sophos services then renamed the Sophos folders under Program Files...  When attempting reinstall after this, I get the error for pending restart.  I have followed tech articles that point to deleting / modifying registry keys but either the keys are not there or I get access denied on the Sophos keys.  I tried changing ownership so I can clear Sophos from my registry but again get access denied.

Does anybody know what else I can do as I have no protection on my computer and I cannot install any other product to replace Sophos home as it will not remove.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data