Sophos Community: Staff Spotlight - Glenn Senas

Get to know , Global Community Support Engineer and Sophos Community Staff Contributor.

Hi Glenn!Wave

A bit of background...

Hi, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your role at Sophos?

I’m Glenn Senas, I am a father and a music lover. I like playing guitar during my free time. I teach my sons how to play as well. We play guitar and we love listening to music through Spotify while we sing along. 

I am currently working as a Global Community Support Engineer in Sophos since November 2020 and have been connected to Sophos for 3 years.  

What’s the story of your career so far? How did you get to where you are now?

I started as a desktop support engineer way back in 2011 as a third-party in Wipro to build up my experience for 8 years. Then I became a team leader for our local support team.

In October 2018, I decided to leave the company and was hired at Sophos. It was an overwhelming experience as I’m quite new to security technology. But with dedication and perseverance, I was able to catch up. I started as a Sophos Support engineer who provided assistance to our customers' day-to-day needs. Then an internal opportunity came up and I was selected to become part of Global Community Support Team.  

What first inspired you to get into IT and security?

It all started with the Matrix movie. It led me towards the IT field, especially security.   

What do you enjoy most about your role?

It’s about taking the challenge in a fast-growing industry which inspires me to strive for even more knowledge. 

What are some of the more challenging things about it?

It's when you encounter a unique problem that no one's ever solved. You’ll spend most of your time looking into it, performing trial and error actions, and learning every stage of the process until you reach your sweet success in solving the issue. 

Describe a typical day in your Sophos life.

Monitoring our social media platforms and helping our customers with their reported issues. 

What’s the best advice you can give to someone who has just started their career?

Start from the basics. Build a strong foundation of your knowledge on the field and once you’re confident enough, take a step further. Then don’t hesitate to take that step. That is where you’ll start to grow. Don’t look back, strive for knowledge, and you’ll notice that you’re already far ahead from your starting point.  

What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?

I’m already running my own restaurant now. A typical buffalo wings restaurant. Apart from being a dad, I love cooking and I have my own recipes which I can be proud of.

Last few things...

What are your hobbies outside of work?

Aside from listening to music and playing guitar with the kids, I read books, and watch Anime.

What’s your motto or personal mantra?

You believed in chaos, so it exists.

You believed that a perfect world is too good to be true. And so it is.
You believed that life is unfair. So it remains that way
You’re convinced that nothing can change. So it doesn’t.

You believed you’re a victim of external circumstances. So external circumstances still control your life.

Now, if you think I am wrong – then I will be.

Change your Consciousness
Change your world.

What’s one thing you’re really bad at?

Lying. I don’t know how to pretend it's true even if it’s not. My conscience can’t take it.

What’s one thing you’re really good at?

I’m really good at provoking my sons hehe.

How do you unwind?

I listen to rock metal music with headphones at a high volume and drink a glass of whisky. 

Three words to describe you.

Crazy, Simple, Loving.

Do you have any secret talents?

For the record, I know how to dance but no one knows it.

Tell us about where you live (and your journey getting there - if applicable).

I live between two places. Right now I live in Fairview, Quezon City, in the Philippines. I also have my hometown, the province of Southern Leyte, where I spent growing up.

What’s your favorite thing about where you live?

In the province, there are many things I love. Especially the weather and the smell of fresh air from the sea.

What’s your favorite restaurant/hang-out where you live?

A place called “Hassan Kabab and Steaks”

Who’s your favorite artist?

Keanu Reeves

Do you have pets?

Yes, I have fishes. Here's Void, a black gold Oranda. I named them Void because when I first got them from the pet shop, they were all black. I didn’t expect that after 6 months of taking care of them, they started molting and becoming black/gold. They’re already 1 year and 4 months old and they're happy living in a 75Gal aquarium with their friends.

Got questions for Say hi to them here in the Sophos Community!

Parents Comment Children
No Data