I would like to introduce Luciano (lferrara), although with his prodigious output he may not need an introduction. Luciano is currently working as a Security Architect and has spent 13 years in the IT industry, starting out as a Technician at AMD.  Luciano is currently the top contributor in the Community with almost 12000 points and over 3100 posts! He is an outstanding XG resource and is very generous in sharing his technical knowledge with anyone who has a question. Get to know him below, and if you have a technical question, he can probably answer it.

Tell us a bit about your background:

I have been working in the IT industry since 2004 as Technician First and then as a System Admin. I spent 18 months working in the UK where I attended college for a year in order to improve my English.

The experiences that changed my life are:

• Working as a Technical Support Engineer at AMD (CPU).
  • Working as a System and Network Admin in a hospital.

I learned a lot in these two experiences. Working in a hospital for 4 years was an extremely challenging and rewarding experience. If something was not working, I had to rely only on my own strengths and capabilities to fix it.

I study every single day in order to improve and expand my knowledge. Some of my certs are below and you can find me on LinkedIn here.

• MCSA
  • Exchange 2003
  • CCNA
  • Comptia Security+
  • Comptia CASP
  • Sophos UTM and XG

What are your interests/hobbies outside of work?

During the weekend, I like to walk by the sea, go to the gym, cook, listen to old house music and relax. I am a simple person that loves the sun, the sea and laughter. Life is nice and must be enjoyed every dayMy friends call me “Terminator”, “The Rock”, “Arnold”, “Caterpillar”, “Bulldozer”, because I never stop. If there is a problem, there should be a reason, it must be found and fixed. 

Bob | Sophos Community Manager

Parents Comment Children
No Data