Introducing the Community Team - Shweta

Tell us a little bit about your background.  I was born in a beautiful small hill station Lonavala in India and currently living in an amazing city in India. I pursued my engineering degree In Electronics and Communication. I was previously working at a multinational IT consulting company in the IT department with the SOC team. I joined Sophos a few years ago as an Endpoint and Security Support Engineer.

What’s your role at Sophos? (What products do you cover, etc.)  I've been working in the Community team since May 2019 and primarily look after Endpoint products such as Sophos Intercept X, Enterprise Console, PureMessage, SafeGuard, and Mobile. 

What are your interests/hobbies outside of work?  I love traveling to new places, surrounded by a new culture of sights, food, and people. I also like baking and cooking for my loved ones. I spend my free time listening to music or gardening at my place. 

Who is your hero? My Father :) 

What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? I love watching cricket and badminton and have also played at state level championship in my school days. 

What would you sing at Karaoke night? I am a terrific singer! Hahah!

If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?  Nachos and Kitkat Shakes :P 

What's your favorite family recipe? It’s the famous traditional Gujarati dish which my mom makes called “Khandvi” .

Ingredients

• 1 cup chickpea flour ,
  • 3/4 cup curd,
  • 1 1/4 cup water,
  • Pinch of turmeric
  • Salt - to taste.
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  1. Add All the ingredients and mix well with no lumps and rest batter for 10 mins.
  2. Mix well and pressure cook for 10 minutes on high Flame .let cooker cool then remove from it mix well n spread on clean plate .
  3. Cool for 10 mints cut and roll.
  4. For tempering - 1 tsp oil mustard seeds, Asafoetida, green chilly and sesame seeds. Crackle and pour on khandvi rolls .
  5. Garnish with coriander and grated coconut.
    Tips: If you're making it for the first time, begin in small quantities.

What's your favorite movie?  I would rather watch Series like Suits, F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Stranger Things.

If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be? More like a Giraffe  

If money was no object, what would you do all day? Napping in a new beach house and travelling to different countries. 

If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be? I don’t like to share my food :P

If you could have a superpower, what would it be? Ability to teleport. I can have breakfast in Italy and have dinner in Tokyo. It would definitely make vacationing easier and more affordable.

If you could go back to anytime in history, where would you go? Back to my days in school.

If you came back in your next life as an animal, what animal would you be? Dolphin or Panda.

Come say 'hi' to me in the Sophos Community or Connect with me on LinkedIn.