implemented DHCPv6-PD in the 17.5?

Hello,

my provider can only DHCPv6-PD, will it be implemented in the 17.5? I hope so, otherwise I won't be able to get an IPv6.

• I've not noticed that any of this is missing, as not been able to use IPv6 with the XG to test.

So a long way to go - can't believe that it will take a YEAR to get the XG firewall modernized.

I noticed the other day the the cheap BT router that you get is issuing IPv6 addresses, and tries to enforce IPv6 over IPv4 where possible.

As I say I have clients that use IPv6 communication for backup and other server communication rather than VPN.

IPv6 Device > Firewall 1 > Internet > Firewall 2 > IPv6 Device

Where: Firewall 1&2 would allow, devices from 2a02:aaaa::0001/112 on SMB ports to communicate to 2a02:bbbb::fefe/128 (File Server).

I ended up renewing their Cisco ASA 5525-x licenses, was trying to sell the XG to them but wasn't fit for purpose - I still cannot understand why a company would release a device in such an immature state where competitors can provide all the functions required,  but like having a car with no radio.

Tim Grantham

Enterprise Architect & Business owner