Report time stamps and graphs wrong format and other reporting issues

Reviewing the active reports still show the dates in US date format. The country is correct in the XG configuration.

I will update this post tomorrow after I receive the overnight reports to see if they have been corrected for daylight savings.

Ian

• Hi,

Greetings for the day!

Good to hear from you ,most of the reporting issue has been fixed.

Coming to Date format

Currently Data are showing in YYYY-MM-dd format which is ISO 8601 standard and it is fixed format. User cannot configure it.

But Yes , We would like to take your feedback on that , what is your expectation with date format ?

Regards,

Rana Sharma

• Hello 

The best date format would have as per appliance region.  This helps when reports are exported in CSV format and open with excel. As excel picks the date format from regional setting and if the data is not in the same format it will format date as text. Also, it is easy for an admin to correlate dates the format in which they are use to.

Regards, Ronak.

• While I am also a DD/MM/YYYY person living in the UK, I don't think I have ever seen Excel have an issue with ISO 8601. In fact, with Excel 2016 that i've just looked at, it has auto localised it for me which is a setting I can change. I do appreciate there is a difference on the PDFs being ISO 8601 but do you have any examples where Excel fails to automatically re-format as date?

This is what I have consistently seen when using Excel:

Just trying to understand if i'm not seeing a problem that others get.

"Apple and MS disagree with you, but that is the nature of the world."

Actually, they don't because they also are ISO 8601 compatible but for general use they have elected for localisation over the ISO standard because for a general user it may not be easier to read but it is what they are used to. I am referring to the use of ISO 8601 in a network security device where log and report detail makes more sense in that format so it starts from largest digit to smallest digit. Using it in DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS although also correct is harder to read on a 1000 log line output.

Emile

• Hi Emile,

I did some testing on EXCEL on a MAC and numbers on a MAC.

Excel will change the displayed format to your chosen format on all entries except your satan format. Numbers if left in Auto will also change the displayed format to your MAC default country format or to your alternate format.

I disagree with your comment about date format in a log file, having the day first makes things much quicker to find because you do not have to read the whole date, my experience.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.