This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Behavior Chrome vs IE with Web Appliance

Good morning
I'm having a pretty weird situation. I'm using Sophos web appliance in Explicit mode with the use of the .dat file. In the .dat file all internal networks have been excluded but when I point to an internal IP address with Internet Explorer it cannot display it correctly, while with Chrome the display is correct. By removing the proxy the site is correctly displayed. I tried to see all the security settings of IE I checked the configuration of the .dat file, the link to the internal site is direct. I don't understand how proxy configuration can affect an internal site and above all because it works with Chrome. What are the differences?
Thanks for any help
Best regards
Franco

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

I understand your situation

There are two files  .pac and .dat files They are just similar.. except within the means that you simply host them and therefore the DNS necessities.

Generally, I might advocate hosting a .pac file and going with. If your dead set the wpad.dat file the massive gotcha is to confirm DNS works each forward and backwards.

It appears like maybe there may additionally be miscalculation within the file its self.. in most cases if a non i.e.browser fails to enact the proxy it should default to merely causation the traffic out the entree.. or visa versa.. if this happens traffic for an interior web site might find yourself on the wrong aspect of the firewall.

Hope this will help you

Thanks

• Hello,

I understand your situation

There are two files  .pac and .dat files They are just similar.. except within the means that you simply host them and therefore the DNS necessities.

Generally, I might advocate hosting a .pac file and going with. If your dead set the wpad.dat file the massive gotcha is to confirm DNS works each forward and backwards.

It appears like maybe there may additionally be miscalculation within the file its self.. in most cases if a non i.e.browser fails to enact the proxy it should default to merely causation the traffic out the entree.. or visa versa.. if this happens traffic for an interior web site might find yourself on the wrong aspect of the firewall.

Hope this will help you

Thanks

Children
No Data