This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HitmanPro.Alert 3.6.9 Causes Exploit Detection Non Compliance

After Sophos updated the version of HitmanProAlert  to version 3.6.9, All of my PC's are getting Exploit Detection Non Compliant alerts. After exactly two hours in this state they then go into compliance for 30 minutes and then repeat this process. Sophos Support says its an issue where the HitmanPro service is shutting down before the Management Communication System Service which is causing the trigger. They have yet to figure out how to fix this issue. Is anyone else seeing this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions of how to fix?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Also note that this update also now reports not just non compliance it now tags some applications as an exploit (MS Power Query Excel Add-in) and then crashes Excel. Sophos Answer to that so far is to Join the Early Access Program and add computers to that and see if the problem goes away. 

• That worked when we tried it, but the EAP has issues with Office 2016 and Office 365, which killed our production.  Originally we had 25-30 computers in EAP, but it caused far, far more issues than it solved.  Be forewarned.

• Jon,

Can you provide more detail on the issues you saw with Office 2016 and Office 365 so we can be on the lookout when the next update comes out?

Thanks

• Sophos said they were known issues.

Office 2016 -- all of a sudden no Office programs would open and it would tell you to repair Office.  Neither repair option (quick and online, I think?) would succeed either.  I removed everything from MSConfig, rebooted, and then Office would load.  I added MSConfig options back bit by bit a(rebooting in between), but once Sophos was added back, office would no longer work.  This happened on multiple boxes.  Taking the boxes out of EAP, uninstalling Sophos, and reinstalling Sophos (non EAP) fixed the issue permanently.

Office 365 -- random Office programs would stop working with error "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application" (our support staff saw this issue multiple times).  Remove from EAP, uninstall Sophos, reinstall Sophos and they're fixed.

After these issues, we got the hell out of EAP.

• Sophos said they were known issues.

Office 2016 -- all of a sudden no Office programs would open and it would tell you to repair Office.  Neither repair option (quick and online, I think?) would succeed either.  I removed everything from MSConfig, rebooted, and then Office would load.  I added MSConfig options back bit by bit a(rebooting in between), but once Sophos was added back, office would no longer work.  This happened on multiple boxes.  Taking the boxes out of EAP, uninstalling Sophos, and reinstalling Sophos (non EAP) fixed the issue permanently.

Office 365 -- random Office programs would stop working with error "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application" (our support staff saw this issue multiple times).  Remove from EAP, uninstall Sophos, reinstall Sophos and they're fixed.

After these issues, we got the hell out of EAP.

Children