This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SWI_FC.EXE Slowing Down Google Drive via Chrome

SWI_FC.EXE is slowing down Google Drive uploads via Chrome to an unacceptable degree.

We need to disable SWI_FC.EXE on 3 specific computers.  Is there a way to disable the relevant policies for a specific computer group?  If so, how?

From what I've seen, the relevant policies are tied to users, not computers, so this can't actually be done.

Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • We had to go into the individual users in Sophos Central and associate them with their domain logins.  I checked some other users, and everyone else was associated already (and automatically).  I'm not sure why certain users didn't have that association in place automatically, but once we put it in manually, the correct policies started applying.

The fix for us was as follows:

1:  Make sure the items under "Real-time Scanning - Internet" are disabled on a Threat Protection device policy applied to the specific devices.

2:  Make sure all Web Control features are disabled (including the top level "Web Control" setting) on a Web Control policy applied to the specific users.

3:  Make sure those specific users the Web Control policy is targeting have the correct logins assigned (if not, assign them).

4:  Log off, wait a bit, and log back on.  (Or restart the device.)

5:  Verify that SWI_FC.EXE no longer inserts itself between your browser and its traffic.

• We had to go into the individual users in Sophos Central and associate them with their domain logins.  I checked some other users, and everyone else was associated already (and automatically).  I'm not sure why certain users didn't have that association in place automatically, but once we put it in manually, the correct policies started applying.

The fix for us was as follows:

1:  Make sure the items under "Real-time Scanning - Internet" are disabled on a Threat Protection device policy applied to the specific devices.

2:  Make sure all Web Control features are disabled (including the top level "Web Control" setting) on a Web Control policy applied to the specific users.

3:  Make sure those specific users the Web Control policy is targeting have the correct logins assigned (if not, assign them).

4:  Log off, wait a bit, and log back on.  (Or restart the device.)

5:  Verify that SWI_FC.EXE no longer inserts itself between your browser and its traffic.

Children
No Data