This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[Sophos Notification] Sophos Central Endpoint and SEC: Computers fail/hang on boot after the Microsoft Windows April 9, 2019 update

Hi Everyone,

After installing the following Microsoft Windows updates Sophos has received reports of computers failing to boot:

The issue is currently being investigated. For more updates and workaround, please follow the below KBA.

Following the Microsoft Windows 09th April update computers fail/hang on boot

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Sophos Central customer here.

I'm not seeing the update on any of my servers yet, we have a range of machines across 2008 R2 - 2012 R2 and 2016 and nothing shows higher than 10.8.3. xxx (according to the article I should be on 10.8.4.227 to resolve this problem).

Client endpoints do appear to have the correct update 10.8.3.441.

Is anyone else seeing this or have I got a setting wrong? I'm super keen to get my servers patched up for obvious reasons but can't risk deploying May's updates when they arrive tomorrow/Wednesday if I haven't got the right update yet. Thanks!

• Sophos Central customer here.

I'm not seeing the update on any of my servers yet, we have a range of machines across 2008 R2 - 2012 R2 and 2016 and nothing shows higher than 10.8.3. xxx (according to the article I should be on 10.8.4.227 to resolve this problem).

Client endpoints do appear to have the correct update 10.8.3.441.

Is anyone else seeing this or have I got a setting wrong? I'm super keen to get my servers patched up for obvious reasons but can't risk deploying May's updates when they arrive tomorrow/Wednesday if I haven't got the right update yet. Thanks!

Children