This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Office 2010 Activation lost with Sophos Endpoint installed

We have a strange behavior on a customer environment.
All Devices are on Windows 1709. (Already tried Windows 1809 on some endpoints)

Time after time the office activation get's lost on different endpoints

We tried MAK and KMS activation, same behavior.
After trying nearly everything you could imagine :) we finally uninstalled (not only deactivated) Sophos Endpoint Advanced and Intercept X.
After uninstall of sophos and reboot, the activation succeeds immediatelly.

We have no errors in the management console.

BR

Benny

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I'm seeing this in a customer we support on multiple systems. First it was disabling HIPS through the threat protection policy, then de-selecting the "protect office applications" for some other machines. I had a ticket open with Sophos but they're last suggestion was if the issue came back up to run proc mon at boot to see if something is getting held up, but they saw the issue. 

Customer had an issue this morning with 5 endpoints, tried other adjustments like clearing the cache and attempting reactivation of office and that seemed to work. Now I guess we have to wait a few days to see if the issue pops back up to continue troubleshooting.

The good news is that the tech did see that Sophos seemed to be blocking it as we tested with multiple policies, the bad news is the issue went away and excel authenticated and couldn't get logs at the time. I really wish going forward IF Sophos was blocking traffic or delaying it that there would be an alert or log that would show it...

• I'm seeing this in a customer we support on multiple systems. First it was disabling HIPS through the threat protection policy, then de-selecting the "protect office applications" for some other machines. I had a ticket open with Sophos but they're last suggestion was if the issue came back up to run proc mon at boot to see if something is getting held up, but they saw the issue. 

Customer had an issue this morning with 5 endpoints, tried other adjustments like clearing the cache and attempting reactivation of office and that seemed to work. Now I guess we have to wait a few days to see if the issue pops back up to continue troubleshooting.

The good news is that the tech did see that Sophos seemed to be blocking it as we tested with multiple policies, the bad news is the issue went away and excel authenticated and couldn't get logs at the time. I really wish going forward IF Sophos was blocking traffic or delaying it that there would be an alert or log that would show it...

Children
No Data