This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

General question about Sophos

Hello community,

I'm new to Sophos and know atm nothing about it. So please dont judge me hard.

I'm employee in the IT department on a university, we are thinking about changing our antrivirus protection to Sophos.

We would need to protect ~200 Windows PCs and Servers. Firewall and Mail are not part of this discussion.

So my questions are:

1. Is there a german speaking Sophos community and/or the way to communicate about Sophos matters in German?

2. How would the Sophos infrastructure look in the described scenario?

3. How are are prices etc.

4. Is it maybe better to order a consultant to visit us and to speak with him about the whole matter?

5. Where and how could I find a such cinsultant in Germany?

Best regards

Dimitri K.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo Dimitri K,

1. einige hier sprechen Deutsch, wir können gerne auf Deutsch weitermachen

2. kommt darauf an. Prinzipiell gibt es zwei Konzepte:
    •  Central mit der Management Konsole "in der Cloud"; eher zentralistisch; Benutzer-basiertes Management 
    •  SESC mit einem on-premise Management Server; Management von Endpoints die nicht im LAN sind zwar möglich, erfordert aber spezielle Konfiguration
    Zwar ist die Basis ident, es gibt aber Unterschiede in der erweiterten Funktionalität und im Management

3.-5. Vertrieb erfolgt meines Wissens grundsätzlich über Partner oder Reseller, wobei die Konditionen nicht notwendigerweise gleich sind; möglicherweise gibt es auch spezielle Vereinbarungen (z.B. Universitätenverbund, öffentliche Hand, etc.)

Christian