This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Central slowing down Chrome

Has anyone experienced Sophos Central causing Chrome to be extremely slow? Eventually the page will load but the only way around this is to keep the webpage open and then open up another tab to get it to be quicker. Have reinstalled Chrome and this has had no affect

We aren't using the Web Control either and this has been turned off

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I have this problem currently on a Terminal Server. Same behavior, on initial startup pages won't load. Once the first page loads new tabs will load instantly. 

Other browsers on the server don't have this problem. Not all users affected. Have tried "resting browser" option in chrome and clearing the cache. 

We also don't use the Web Control. 

• Hi Saul

Did doing this fix the problem?

Also do you have Hardware Acceleration turned on? I've seen this can slow down Chrome on a Terminal Server in the past

• No the things I tried did not solve the problem. Last night I rebooted the server and uninstalled Chrome and then after another reboot reinstalled it. 

Waiting to hear back from my users to see if that fixed it. 

I did disable Hardware Acceleration on one user but now that you mention it, I don't know if that option needs to be checked for every user. I assume you must since it seems Chrome settings save under the User's appdata folder.

Will check and report back.

• No the things I tried did not solve the problem. Last night I rebooted the server and uninstalled Chrome and then after another reboot reinstalled it. 

Waiting to hear back from my users to see if that fixed it. 

I did disable Hardware Acceleration on one user but now that you mention it, I don't know if that option needs to be checked for every user. I assume you must since it seems Chrome settings save under the User's appdata folder.

Will check and report back.

Children
No Data