This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

USB Ports doesn't work with HP Elitebook 840 G3

It's impossible to logon with externel Keyboard and mouse.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hello Pius,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I had a quick look at the CPU options for this machine and unfortunately they're all SkyLake CPUs:

Intel® Core™ i7-6600U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.6 GHz, up to 3.4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
    Intel® Core™ i7-6500U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.5 GHz, up to 3.1 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
    Intel® Core™ i5-6300U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.4 GHz, up to 3 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
    Intel® Core™ i5-6200U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.3 GHz, up to 2.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
    Intel® Core™ i3-6100U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.3 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)

With this in mind you're likely to suffer these issues when running Windows 7 on that machine as it's far too old. The best option I can recommend is to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro to gain support for that CPU and then encrypt with SafeGuard and BitLocker.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hello Pius,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I had a quick look at the CPU options for this machine and unfortunately they're all SkyLake CPUs:

Intel® Core™ i7-6600U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.6 GHz, up to 3.4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
    Intel® Core™ i7-6500U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.5 GHz, up to 3.1 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
    Intel® Core™ i5-6300U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.4 GHz, up to 3 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
    Intel® Core™ i5-6200U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.3 GHz, up to 2.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
    Intel® Core™ i3-6100U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.3 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)

With this in mind you're likely to suffer these issues when running Windows 7 on that machine as it's far too old. The best option I can recommend is to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro to gain support for that CPU and then encrypt with SafeGuard and BitLocker.

Children
No Data