This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Safeguard Fingerprint logon - Lenovo laptop(s)

I am having a real time attempting to get the fingerprint logon solution to work.  I'm attempting to utilize this with Lenovo laptops.

The first question I've got is - is it possible to not have Fingerprint software installed on the system, install Safeguard, and then later install Fingerprint software (the proper version of course)?  Will Safeguard pick it up and use it then?

Secondly, is it possible to have multiple users on the same laptop log into POA using Fingerprint?

Third, does Safeguard recognize multiple Fingerprints on the same fingerprint profile?

:2395

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • We were never able to get the POACFG stuff to work. We basically chased our tail for more then a week trying to figure it out.  I am sorry I do not know why they call the switch ALTERNATE but at least it works consistantly. Another thing that we have found is that with the Lenovo's you have clear the older fingerprint data that is stored in the BIOS or when you re-ghost a machine you end up with a lot of werid things happening. Of course we have asked this to Sophos support and have not heard any sort of answer, but heck what is another week delay we my company has already delayed rolling out our laptops by more then a month because of encryption, we were suposed to be done with our roll out this week and we have not even started yet.

Hopefully with the forums and us working together we can work out more of the issues that Sophos "support" seems unwilling to deal with.

:5105
  • We were never able to get the POACFG stuff to work. We basically chased our tail for more then a week trying to figure it out.  I am sorry I do not know why they call the switch ALTERNATE but at least it works consistantly. Another thing that we have found is that with the Lenovo's you have clear the older fingerprint data that is stored in the BIOS or when you re-ghost a machine you end up with a lot of werid things happening. Of course we have asked this to Sophos support and have not heard any sort of answer, but heck what is another week delay we my company has already delayed rolling out our laptops by more then a month because of encryption, we were suposed to be done with our roll out this week and we have not even started yet.

Hopefully with the forums and us working together we can work out more of the issues that Sophos "support" seems unwilling to deal with.

:5105
Children
No Data