This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Safeguard Fingerprint logon - Lenovo laptop(s)

I am having a real time attempting to get the fingerprint logon solution to work.  I'm attempting to utilize this with Lenovo laptops.

The first question I've got is - is it possible to not have Fingerprint software installed on the system, install Safeguard, and then later install Fingerprint software (the proper version of course)?  Will Safeguard pick it up and use it then?

Secondly, is it possible to have multiple users on the same laptop log into POA using Fingerprint?

Third, does Safeguard recognize multiple Fingerprints on the same fingerprint profile?

:2395

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents

• Johannes wrote:

Hi,

i have the same problem.

Before I updated to the SGN 5.50, the FP was running under Windows and in the POA on several computers (e.g. Lenovo T60, T61p, W500, X301, ...). But with the newer version, I don't get it running for an authentification with the FP in the POA (Windows Authentification with FP works great). I installed Windows XP or Windows 7 with all drivers and programs (also with the FP Software and driver; for Authentec 3.3.0.58 and for UPEK 5.9.2.5859), only then I installed SGN 5.50 and encrypt all HDD devices.

But now (after the initial user alignment) I configured the FP. However it works only in Windows (the authentication with FP is allowed in SGN MC and the Pre-Desktopautehtification is activated in the BIOS).I tested it on several devices, but no one is accurate running? With the SGN 5.40 the installation wasn't easy, but it run.

What am I doing wrong?

Best Regards,

Johannes

I found that, after upgrading to 5.5, I had the same problem on the Lenovo R400 and T410 laptops.  I was able to fix it by hitting Shift+F5 (NOT Shift+F7 as mentioned in KB Article 63147) at the Sophos Copyright Screen (if you do it right, you should see a message that the "Alternate USB" has been activated.  The fingerprint enabled POA showed right up at that point.  Once you get past the POA, it will prompt you to save the settings changes - make sure you do so unless you want your users to have to press Shift+F5 everytime they boot!

BTW, I was able to get the fingerprint reader working without regard to install order - one of the laptops has the fingerprint software installed AFTER Safeguard, one had the fingerprint software installed BEFORE safeguard went down.

FYI - KB Article 107781 says that the "Alternative USB kernel" (the option the Shift+F5 controls) is ENABLED by default, but that appears to have changed in 5.5, as all of the machines I've installed 5.5 on have the "Alternative USB kernel" DISABLED

:3200

• Johannes wrote:

Hi,

i have the same problem.

Before I updated to the SGN 5.50, the FP was running under Windows and in the POA on several computers (e.g. Lenovo T60, T61p, W500, X301, ...). But with the newer version, I don't get it running for an authentification with the FP in the POA (Windows Authentification with FP works great). I installed Windows XP or Windows 7 with all drivers and programs (also with the FP Software and driver; for Authentec 3.3.0.58 and for UPEK 5.9.2.5859), only then I installed SGN 5.50 and encrypt all HDD devices.

But now (after the initial user alignment) I configured the FP. However it works only in Windows (the authentication with FP is allowed in SGN MC and the Pre-Desktopautehtification is activated in the BIOS).I tested it on several devices, but no one is accurate running? With the SGN 5.40 the installation wasn't easy, but it run.

What am I doing wrong?

Best Regards,

Johannes

I found that, after upgrading to 5.5, I had the same problem on the Lenovo R400 and T410 laptops.  I was able to fix it by hitting Shift+F5 (NOT Shift+F7 as mentioned in KB Article 63147) at the Sophos Copyright Screen (if you do it right, you should see a message that the "Alternate USB" has been activated.  The fingerprint enabled POA showed right up at that point.  Once you get past the POA, it will prompt you to save the settings changes - make sure you do so unless you want your users to have to press Shift+F5 everytime they boot!

BTW, I was able to get the fingerprint reader working without regard to install order - one of the laptops has the fingerprint software installed AFTER Safeguard, one had the fingerprint software installed BEFORE safeguard went down.

FYI - KB Article 107781 says that the "Alternative USB kernel" (the option the Shift+F5 controls) is ENABLED by default, but that appears to have changed in 5.5, as all of the machines I've installed 5.5 on have the "Alternative USB kernel" DISABLED

:3200
Children
No Data