This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

x64 support?

Hello all! Recently my company has rolled out the Safeguard Enterprise product. I am one of the administrators here and to be able to run HyperV I had to be running Windows 7. The only issue is that I have the x64 version of Windows 7, and it appears Sophos does not currently support 64-bit architecture. One of the Sophos admins at corporate stated that the x64 client for Sophos should be available in late-March/early-April, but I'm not finding anything on that in the knowledge base, only the blanket statement that x64 is not currently supported. Will there be x64 support for Safeguard any time soon or do I need to look at reimaging with Windows 7 x32? I'd much rather not do that, as it is quite a process at this point :) Thanks!
:1649

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Skgrey,

in my mind the current version of SafeGuard Enterprise 5.40 doesn't support x64Bit OS (http://www.sophos.com/support/knowledgebase/article/108918.html). In this quater Sophos will released the new SafeGuard Enterprise 5.50. In this Version will Sophos support x64Bit OS. At the moment SGN is always running on x32Bit (Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7)

BR, Johannes

:1655
  • I'm hoping that it will be sooner in Q2 rather than later in the quarter - would one of the moderators here know? If it is later, is there a way to sign up to be a beta tester or early adopter?

I'm a senior systems engineer at a huge company, have a backup laptop, and my main laptop is backed up every night with Avamar. I'd love to be a guinnea pig as I've done a lot of technical QA and testing in the past (and I don't feel like dropping back to x86), so as long as there doesn't have to be a server update I think I would be a great candidate.

:1659
  • Hi skgrey,

Thank you for joining the SophosTalk community. The information you know regarding the release of SGN 5.50 and Windows 7 64-bit support is accurate, actually closer to April than March as you will understand shortly.

If you wish to participate in the beta program, as of this posting, it runs from March 12th thru March 31st and you will have to notify either your Account Manager or Systems Engineer to be added to the beta program. There will only be about a dozen customers selected for the beta so get your name on the list as soon as you can.

Just to be clear, a request to enter into the beta program cannot be processed from the Sophos forums. Please contact your Account Manager or Systems Engineer. I do not know all of the criteria for customer beta program selection, but generally speaking, larger customers, with a wide variety of hardware models who will be testing the new features, such as Windows 7 64-bit support, and providing feedback tend to rank higher in the selection process.

Thank you for your interest in the beta program and let us know if you participate.

:1663