This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Moving machine from the Auto registered group to the proper OU in Managment Center(DOmain Sync)

HI Team,'

We have sync the OU in the Safeguard center.

Now we want to move the partuicluar users from one group to the another.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • HI Team,'

We have sync the OU in the Safeguard center.

Now we want to move the partuicluar users from one group to the another.

EG---.>>>

If user ABC is currently present in the Account OU AD group  and we want to move this to the Finance OU Group then what is the process?????????????????????????/

• Hi Paresh - I'm not too sure you're understanding how an AD Sync (or indeed any AD sync tool works) works?

AD is hosted elsewhere on another server (s). Your SafeGuard server will check Active Directory either manually or automatically dependant on how you've set it up.

Once triggered - SafeGuard will compare the last copy of AD to what it has and then synchronise the two - So SafeGuard has a "copy" of the Active Directory.

AD will contain (amongst many other things) your users and computers. If you need to move a user (or computer) you do this IN AD (perhaps on the domain controllers, or another PC/Server with ADUC installed)

So....Using any of the standard AD tools - (I use ADUC in this screenshot)

If you move the user in the standard way in AD (I would find the user with the Find tool)

Then right click the user and select Move...

Locate the NEW OU - In your case "FINANCE" and select OK.

Then either manually sync the SafeGuard server with AD

Select the root of your domain - Click the Sync tab on right.

Use drop down to select your directory DSN

I use membership AND user state - your call if that's what you need in your establishment.

Click FIND/Search

Select the OU's you want to sync - or select the lot (if you have a LARGE directory - this could take a while!)

Click SYNC in the bottom right...

When finished if will give you the "differences" it found between the "old" AD sync and the "new/current"

You should see that the user has now moved to the new OU and the SafeGuard directory is a current copy of AD.

As I said  - I would set up an automated schedule for this so SafeGuard is always up to date with AD. This is under Tools - Task Scheduler. You may need to create this as MAINMSO user.

Hope this helps?