This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Please help! Metadata from jpg

Evening everyone,

I don't know what catagory this falls under so advance apologies if I posted under the wrong subhect. This is my dilema.

I have a jpg that I wish to extract metadata from in order to verify the phone number it came in from via phone text message. I have used online tools, however they have not resulted in the phone number. Things such as phone type, gps, etc...are available...but no phone number.

Will someone who is obviously smarter than I please assist me? This is quite the conundrum and I need a Sleuth I.T. person.

Thanks Everyone!!!

Kind Regards!!!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Mark Valencia,

very very unlikely that you'll find the phone number in the picture's Exif metadata, it won't be there as it's completely irrelevant in the "picture taking process". The phone type is there because it's also the camera type.
    Do you want to verify the photo was taken with the same phone that sent the message (guess you have the number the message was sent from)?

Christian

• Good Morning Christian,

Thank you for responding to my plight! To answer your question, no I wish to discover the identity of who sent it. You see I previously had Sprint and that massage was sent to my Samsung android phone. O then switched carriers and phones. I kept the original pictures but lost the identification of whp sent them. Now I am in a pickle because we (Wife and I) can't even find the person even after we requested the phone and text records. We were trying to go off of the date within the jpg's metadata matching it up to what Sprint provided us. So far no luck which is a bit puzzling. I hope this makes sense...I haven't had coffee yet...

;)

• Hello Mark Valencia,

I see. Now, the metadata tell you when and where the picture has been taken. Date taken is not necessarily date sent. As you've switched phones the file metadata (date created or modified) likely won't match the date sent/received so no surprise if the records don't help. BTW - are you sure the phone number would help to identify the person?

Christian

• Hello Mark Valencia,

I see. Now, the metadata tell you when and where the picture has been taken. Date taken is not necessarily date sent. As you've switched phones the file metadata (date created or modified) likely won't match the date sent/received so no surprise if the records don't help. BTW - are you sure the phone number would help to identify the person?

Christian

Children
No Data