This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Installation problem

First - I've just downloaded the app for my Android (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) but get to the point where my choice is to scan a QR code, which never arrives, or to do something manually which requires an administrator - something I don't have. When I try to go back, it says registration cancelled. So that's a problem.

Second - somewhere in a search, I see that there could be problem with some Samsung phones, and I see a Samsung plug-in app, and now am a little leery of actually installing the app. (I am required by my very-small, not particularly digitally-savvy employer to install a "locate - lock - wipe" app.) 

Any help with these two items appreciated.

R

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Rachel,

To make use of Sophos Mobile Control is an application needed on mobile devices to manage them from a distance. To get a QR code or a manual token you require a paid service/subscription account for Sophos Mobile Control (more about that can be found here Sophos Mobile)

I would recommend you look into Sophos Mobile Security. This application includes the functions that you mentioned above and has a few other extra features like a built in antivirus (especially useful for Android devices). More about Sophos Mobile Security can be found here. Do keep in mind that when installing these applications they require a bunch of access to your device in order for it to function properly, therefor be sure to read carefully to avoid missing a step that could be vital. 

If you've any questions about Sophos Mobile Control from an administrators perspective feel free to let me know and I'll try and answer them from an end-user experience.

• Thanks, Aron. That explanation makes sense.

I already have Sophos Mobile Security on my Android and will have to figure out the security settings to ensure that I have it set up properly.

R.